You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine (Titus 1:1).
Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus (2 Tim 1:13).
If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions (1 Tim 6:3-4).
- We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the Scriptures as originally given and that they are infallibly and uniquely authoritative and free from error of any sort in all matters with which they deal, including scientific and historical as well as moral and theological. 1 Timothy 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:13
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as ONE God existing in THREE person: Father, Son and Holy Spirit – distinguishable but indivisible. Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14
- We believe in the full historicity and perspicuity of the Biblical record of primeval history, including the literal existence of Adam and Eve as the progenitors of all people, the literal fall and resultant divine curse on the creation, the worldwide cataclysmic deluge, and the origin of nations and languages at the tower of Babel. Genesis 1-11
- We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis, his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness. Romans 3:10-18
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man. Luke 1:26-35, John 1:18, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples. 1 Corinthians 15:14, Romans 4:25
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for the Church. John 14:2-3, 1:13-18
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins. Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12,22, Romans 5:11
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of Christ. Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:34-36, 19:1-6
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation. Acts 2:1-4, 8, 14, 10:44-46, Galatians 3:14-15
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14, and as manifested in the Early Church.
- We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith. Ephesians 5:18, 2 Corinthians 6:14, 7:1
- We believe in the healing of the body by Divine Power, or Divine Healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church. Acts 4:30, Roman 8:11, 1 Corinthians 12:9, James 5:1
- We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers. 1 Corinthians 11:28-32
- We believe in eternal life for believers and eternal punishment for unbelievers. John 5:24, 3:16, Mark 9:43-58, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and eternal judgments of Satan and his angels. Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:10-15
“I have already gone ahead of you. I have prepared a place, a people, a provision, and a power. God will go far beyond your expectation. The voice of the Shepherd Jesus will be a clear voice through you… He is already at work on your behalf. God is a help to you. All the schooling you have had is for this time. You’ve been a Joseph in prison. Pharaoh is about to call you up and give you rulership. God sees that you have sought integrity and purity. The Lord will work on your behalf. (Job 5:9)”
-Pastor Doug Sherman, November 14, 2002 Oaxaca, Mexico